[Dovecot] Issue Authenticating to a new dovecot-postfix installation

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Jan 2 01:10:31 EET 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-01 at 06:52 -0500, Gerard wrote:

> Second, I totally disagree with your claim that his mail forum is
> useless. I have on several occasions posted quires and received rapid

Yep, I got a copy of it back so it obviously went to the list.

> Then again, I might have just missed it. In addition, you do know what
> time of the year it is, didn't you? Many individuals like myself have
> better things to do than slave over our PCs waiting to answer questions.

What has this got to do with anything,  It was well before Christmas.

> Might I suggest the following.

<postfix blurbs removed>

> to the Postfix forum. Include all relevant and unedited log file

Why? I sent all the relevant information pertaining to my query, no need
to send non-related crap.

The mater is over as far as I'm concerned, if the postfix author doesn't
want to consider his software is doing more work than it needs to (maybe
it is, maybe it isn't, hence my question),  then, as I use a replicated
local databases on each front end server and it's not a problem here (I
only saw what it was doing debugging a failed user login w/mysql) then
that's not my problem, case closed :)

Happy New Year as well.