[Dovecot] Maildircrypt

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 29 20:48:52 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 22:11 +0200, brainstorm wrote:
> Hi guys, I was just wondering if this idea makes sense overall or if
> there are major impediments (indexing performance ?):
>
> http://blogs.nopcode.org/brainstorm/2010/04/28/maildircrypt/

Use v2.0's zlib plugin as an example. Encryption/decryption should work
in a very similar way. I think someone's already attempted to write
something like that, but no one's yet at least made such code public.

Only problem is if something wants access to mails without knowing the
password. But that's probably a feature. :) In such case you could just
make your istream return -EIO error (instead of returning encrypted
data).