[Dovecot] local delivery agent

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 7 04:52:29 EEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 23:58 +0200, legionaer85 wrote:
> 67 (could mean user nonexistent) from command: /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
>
> So, i tried to focus the error and thought there is not the right
> argument for delivery. But i couldn't get any hints about the arguments
> for the deliver agent.
> Exim gives me a complete string which is 'name at domain.ltd'
> Now my question. How parses the deliver agent this string? Splits it
> into variables? If yes... to which ones? name and domain?

Kind of, but not really.. It works exactly the same way as for IMAP/POP3
logins. dovecot-auth does the user lookup.

>   passdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
>   userdb:
>     driver: prefetch

You're missing userdb sql here. deliver needs to do a userdb lookup, but
you have only prefetch userdb which doesn't work because deliver doesn't
do a passdb lookup. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/Prefetch