[Dovecot] bad maildir location

denis denlistes at altern.org
Wed Apr 22 12:29:26 EEST 2009

Noel Butler a écrit :
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 18:09, denis wrote:
>> /But the problem is that dovecot creates (when you log in for the first time) a directory in the form of the exact address. Here for example,
>> /var/alternc/mail/d/denis at collectifs.net
>>
>> And so all connections will be on an empty location.
>>
>> How is it possible to resolve this?
>>
>> As mail_location I have this "maildir:/var/alternc/mail/%1u/%u/Maildir" which is not really correct.
>> /
>
> Dovecot is doing what you have told it.
> %u is complete username
>
> if you want name use %n ...  and %d where (if) you want domain
> Bascially replace your %u with %n
Thanks, it's working well with

mail_location = maildir:/var/alternc/mail/%1u/%n_%d/Maildir

But, for some users logging with name_domain the directory which is
created is  not correct and look like

/var/alternc/mail/d/denis_collectifs.net_

Is it a way to transform a login with _ like denis_collectifs.net to
denis at collectifs.net to have a the mail_location correct ?

Thanks
Denis