[Dovecot] THREAD X-REFERENCES2 index bug?

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Sat Apr 4 18:58:37 EEST 2009

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:06:11 +0000, Nathan Kinkade <nath at nkinka.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:28:29 -0400, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 15:55 +0000, Nathan Kinkade wrote:
>>> 2 THREAD X-REFERENCES2 UTF-8 ALL
>>> * THREAD (0)(2)(1 3)(4)
>>
>> This should fix it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/bf16646ec312
>
> I can confirm that that seems to have fixed it.  Thanks!
>
> Nathan

Hmm.  It looked as if it were working, but the same problem seems to have
crept back in somehow.  As I've been doing all along, I pulled the source
from "deb-src http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ experimental-auto main" with
apt-src, verified that the source had the fix, then built/installed the
package.  But I'm still seeing this:

2 THREAD X-REFERENCES2 UTF-8 ALL
* THREAD (0)(1 (2)(3))
2 OK Thread completed.

I can recover from it by removing the dovecot.index* files, but after a bit
of moving and copying messages in and out of a folder, the problem seems to
come back.

Any thoughts?

Nathan