[Dovecot] ldaps support in dovecot-ldap.conf?

Hugo Monteiro hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Fri Feb 15 19:26:45 EET 2008

Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:11:52AM -0600, Tim Tyler wrote:
>
>>     Dovecot experts,
>>   Does Dovecot support ldaps:\\ connections in dovecot-ldap.conf for
>> ldap connections?  I can get regular ldap:\\connections to work,
>> but  not ldaps:\\ connections.  I have even downloaded the latest
>> beta version of dovecot and it still doesn't work.  If its not
>> supported, will it be in the near future?
>>   Note: We are using Centos 5 and Redhat 5 systems.
>>

> According to http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP just set tls=yes in
> your dovecot-ldap.conf.
>
> 	Geert

ldaps:// is not the same as ldap:// with tls support. Also, ldap with
tls support is preferred to ldaps, but if you really have to use ldaps,
you can always use stunnel to wrap up the connection in SSL.

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt	      apoio at fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _