[Dovecot] No auto-conversion of .customflags?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 12 18:22:13 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 10:50 +0900, Christian Balzer wrote:
> Jun 12 09:48:06 mb11 dovecot: IMAP(username): stat(/longandboringpath/username/.customflags/cur) failed: Not a directory
..
> But more importantly, obviously .customflags does NOT get converted
> anymore and thus shows up in IMAP LIST commands.

Actually that could happen simply if the LIST command was done before
any messages with keywords were tried to be accessed. I hadn't really
thought about this before. Anyway, for now you can fix this by setting:

maildir_stat_dirs = yes

After there are no .customflags files left, you can remove that.

Alternatively you can just rename all existing .customflags to
dovecot-keywords files. That's how Dovecot internally "converts" them
also.