[Dovecot] Client workaround?

Ben Winslow rain at bluecherry.net
Wed May 24 22:45:49 EEST 2006

David King wrote:
> 	2. Getting Dovecot to present and interpret AUTH=LOGIN (i. e.
> AUTHENTICATE), which appears to cause the phone to properly escape
> the password

In your auth{} block, add/change mechanisms to:
  mechanisms = plain login

This works in 1.0beta7 and probably several versions before it.

If your passdb backend has cleartext passwords (and I suppose it might,
since you said Cyrus was presending CRAM-MD5), you could enable some of
the non-cleartext auth mechanisms as well (which is a nice bonus if your
phone supports it...)

HTH,
--
Ben Winslow <rain at bluecherry.net>