[Dovecot] 1.0beta8 won't start: Fatal: Protocol imaps given more than once

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Fri May 12 16:28:25 EEST 2006

Greetings -

--On 12 May 2006 16:00:31 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> OK, I guess you didn't compile with C99-compatible C compiler.

If it's any help I'm using a quite up to date copy of Sun's WSpro C
compiler (don't know if there's a more up to date product name: they change
it every now and then)...

    % cc -V
    cc: Sun C 5.8 Patch 121016-02 2006/03/31

Its man page mentions a "-xc99" command line option which I've just tried
using to build the (unpatched) source ... which then runs fine.

> The problem is that Dovecot fallbacks to old way of initializing structs,
> and looks like I've been lazy and not keeping them working properly.
>
> Attached patch should fix it.

I then applied your patch and rebuilt Dovecot *without* the "-xc99"
compiler option ... and that, too, works fine.

Many thanks!

Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *