[Dovecot] Shared folders not woking for me

Nagy László nagylzs at enternet.hu
Tue Jul 11 21:29:44 EEST 2006

Peter A. Giessel írta:
> On 7/11/2006 09:36, Nagy László seems to have typed:
>
>> namespace private {
>>    separator = /
>>    prefix =
>>    location = maildir:/home/%u/Maildir
>>    inbox = yes
>>

> [snip]
>

>> My other problem is about the "inbox = yes" setting. The private namespace does have an inbox, and it shows up in thunderbird.
>> But it does not show my e-mails. I know that I have emails, I can read them with the 'mail' command.
>>

> I don't know about the shared mailboxes section, but from the "private"
> section, it looks like you are trying to have Dovecot use maildir, but
> if you are getting mail using the "mail" command, then you are using
> mbox not maildirs.
>
> To setup the system to use maildir, I had to recompile procmail.

Thanks. I solved this problem by doing this:

namespace private {
    separator = /
    inbox = yes
    hidden = yes
    prefix = "#mbox/"
    location = mbox:/home/%u:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
}

namespace private {
    separator = /
    prefix =
    location = maildir:/home/%u/Maildir
}

namespace public {
  separator = /
  prefix = Public/
  location = maildir:/var/mail/public
}

I also could create a shared folder. The problem was that I had to use
'.Tasks' instead of 'Tasks'.
Now I'm having permission problems, but will solve soon. :-)

  Laszlo