[Dovecot] Damnitall

nick nick at mobilia.it
Tue Jul 4 14:25:27 EEST 2006

Today I upgraded to dovecot 1.0 rc1 (before I was using a 1.0 beta, as
it had functions no one else had), the beta worked fairly well, no
crashes, and the bugs were few and far between. I had a few issues with
thunderbird 1.5, so I decided to upgrade.

My problem is this, before, I had configured  procmail to deliver SPAM
to a subdirectory of the users home directory, (not mail/) and
everything worked fine, new directories were creatable, and IMP seemed
to be happy with everything as it was.

With the new version though, dovecot refuses to see the folders in the
base of the home directory, and all of this with absolutely no change to
  my conf file (except for the passdb and userdb options).

my dovecot.conf file looks like this:

default_mail_env = mbox:/ha/home/%u:INBOX=/ha/mail/%u:INDEX=/ha/home/%u

ha is my drbd directory, for high availability.

I've tried modifying the private namespaces, but without much luck, and
I'm really not looking forward to moving all those folders to under the
mail/ directory.

Do I have any other options??

thanks, Nick