[Dovecot] Permissions for Public Namespace?

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Wed Apr 12 16:18:06 EEST 2006

On 4/10/06, Gavin Henry <ghenry at suretecsystems.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> We've been following:
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedFolders
>
> But all we can do is subscribe. Our users can't create folders, move
> e-mails into the top level folder etc.
>
> Am I not grasping the shared folders idea correctly?

IIRC, firstly the 'top level' folder, just contains all the shared
mailboxes, and isn't actually a mailbox in it's self.

Secondly, I'm not sure about creating subfolders, but IIRC, only
someone with access to the file system, and write permissions to the
'top level' folder, can create a shared mailbox.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

For me, the concept of shared folders, is going to be emails for
certain 'virtual users' will go into a shared folder, that other users
can then all read, and respond to if needed. I'm still playing around,
because what I need requires some weird stuff, including shared
indexes for some folders, and private indexes for others.

For some people, a shared folder is just that. Got an email you want
all your co-workers to see, maybe there is a jokes shared folder, that
you can all copy your jokes into!

What do YOU want to do with them? I'm sure there is probably a way for
it to be made possible, if you can clearly define what you want done!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956