[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0beta4 and Disconnected Problem

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Mon Apr 3 09:45:12 EEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2006, at 8:39 AM, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I upgraded from 1.0beta3 to 1.0beta4. I've major problems now
>> with my inbox (quite large, 900MB) and another large folder. Thunderbird
>> 1.5 connects and disconnects. I tried to delete the indexes of dovecot and
>> thunderbird without any sucess.
>>
>> Finally I downgraded to 1.0beta3 and it works well again (Beta3 was running
>> for a timeframe from when it came out and now without any problems).
>
> Well, the first thing that comes to my mind is ssl-proxy-openssl.c rewrite.
> If you copy that file from beta3 to beta4 (src/login-common/) and reinstall,
> does it fix it?

Yes, the problem has been gone when I use the ssl-proxy-openssl.c version
from beta3. Looks like there must be some "disconnect" bug in the new
file.

BTW: Sometimes even he asks me a second time for the password on login
and I'm pretty sure that the password is correct. Looks like the
disconnect problem, too.

Thanks.

Ciao,
Gerhard