[Dovecot] RE: dovecot and outlook express and large messages

Daniel bart at istnet.net.au
Mon Nov 15 11:11:41 EET 2004

Hi

Dose dovecot have problem working on a eth0:1 alias type interfaces? I
just wondering if this could be my problem?

Dovecot would do the authentication correctly and send small email but
as soon as any load was put on it like downloading a mail with a large
attachment it would fail. All network traffic would stop. No errors in
the logs. As soon as I move the service to listen on a non alias
interface eth0 all works fine. Very strange. I have taken a good look at
our server to check that is not anything. I'm pretty sure we are good. I
have also rebooted the box to see if that would fixed it which it
didn't.

Regards
Daniel