[Dovecot] Patch: fix $-terminated MCF

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Sat Jul 31 16:11:39 EEST 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 12:32:03PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Shouldn't segfault there.. t_strdup_until() anyway doesn't ever even
> reach to \0 character. Or where exactly does it crash?

I reversed the patch and it didn't crash again. Possibly PEBCAK.
Maybe I didn't remake everything before linking (I've been working
on blowfish hashes).

> Linux's crypt(3) man page says glibc adds the $ in the end.

I think that's just a doco bug; it isn't in the glibc
code that I just looked at.  It can't hurt, though.

Joshua.

--
Joshua Goodall                           "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109