[Dovecot] Re: Newbie: fetchmail -> procmail -> IMAP (Dovecot) -> MUA?

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri Jul 30 02:26:49 EEST 2004

On 2004-07-29 22:54:12 +0100, David Marsh wrote:
> [Unreadable in Outlook, here's why: http://viewport.co.uk/outlook ]

something like that sucks. it really makes me consider not to help
people.

> What do I need to do to configure it?
>
> I haven't touched the mailserver since installing SuSE, mailservers tend
> to frighten me (not least with worry as to what can go wrong if I mess
> up!)

depends on your needs the comments are very helpfull. and look in the
printed manuals or the pdf versions of it.

> > 6. chkconfig dovecot on
>
> I was going to ask what that does, but the man page explains all.
> Ah, so *that*'s the right way to fiddle with /etc/init.d/ entries..

yes. it will check dependencies of services e.g.

darix

--
irssi - the client of the smart and beautiful people

              http://www.irssi.de/