[Dovecot] Dovecot auth problem on FreeBSD 4.10

Brian Chu lists at stuy.yi.org
Thu Jul 22 21:21:26 EEST 2004

Hello.

Sorry if I'm incorrect here, but before you get into scratching heads
over something that might be subtle...

Viren Patel wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried
>
>    auth = default
>    auth_userdb passwd_file /path/to/passwd/file
>    auth_passdb passwd_file /path/to/passwd/file
>
> and
>
>    auth = plain
>    auth_userdb passwd_file /path/to/passwd/file
>    auth_passdb passwd_file /path/to/passwd/file
>
> but it still does not work - I get the same errors.

don't auth_userdb and auth_passdb need a "=" between the keyword and the
arguments?

ie:
auth = plain
auth_userdb = passwd_file /path/to/passwd/file
auth_passdb = passwd_file /path/to/passwd/file
             ^ (missing that equal there)

It might be the parser trying to get to find an auth-type
"/path/to/passwd/file" or something.

Brian