[Dovecot] 1.0.0-test28 Problem with INDEX

Tim Southerwood ts at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Jul 21 00:20:42 EEST 2004

Hi

This explains it:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:35:04 +0300
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 19:13, Tim Southerwood wrote:
> > default_mail_env =
> > mbox:%h/IMAP/:INBOX=%h/.email:INDEX=/var/cache/dovecot/%n
> >
> > The INBOX indexes are being built correctly in /var/cache/dovecot,
> > but all other indexes for folders are still being built in the
> > user's home directory.
> >
> > I had it working once - but it seems fragile - almost as if the
> > config parser is sensitive to context??? Sorry - seems vague, but I
> > can't pin this down reliably.
>
> Have you set full_filesystem_access = yes? That's the only
> thing that I can think of that might make it use different directory
> (and even then only if you access the mboxes as "~/IMAP/box").

Yes - I have full_filesystem_access = yes and my mail folders are stored
in the form ~/IMAP/

So the "fragility" which I mistakenly accused the code of was probably
due to experimenting with a potential upgrade from WU-IMAP where people
have variable mail storage directories (~/IMAP or ~/Mail or others) - I
was swicthing that option on and off regularly.

In fact that issue may be solved by the advice you just gave someone
else on the use of namespaces - I will try that tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick reply Timo.

The test series are looking good.

Best wishes

Tim