[Dovecot] Idea to enhance migration from UW-Imap

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue Jul 20 16:39:16 EEST 2004

Hello,

i want to migrate from UW-Imap to dovecot, but want to avoid changing clients
(that would be really hard to do).

All my users have their Mailboxes in ~/Mail. My idea would be now to strip off
"Mail" from the imap commands, so that both a client which prepends "Mail" as
well as one who doesn't would see the same mailboxes.

Can somebody give me a hint where in the dovecot source I could do that
stripping (at best some central function, so this stripping has to be done just
one time). I would be glad to make the changes and then to contribute that
change, I just need a hint where in the sources I will find the right place.

Sincerly,
Klaus Steinberger

--
Klaus Steinberger         Maier-Leibnitz Labor
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany

In a world without Walls and Fences, who needs Windows and Gates