[Dovecot] POP3 fails on non-existent inbox

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jul 13 04:27:34 EEST 2004

Using the latest RPM (dovecot-0.99.10.5) on Fedora Core 2. I connected to
the server by POP3 for a user who'd not yet received email (ever) so she
didn't have a spool file in /var/spool/mail, and dovecot was failing on
login.

I just tested it by removing my own mailbox and see this in maillog:

pop3-login: Login: ken [127.0.0.1]
pop3(ken): stat() failed with mbox file /var/spool/mail/ken: No such file
or directory
pop3(ken): stat() failed with mbox file /var/spool/mail/ken: No such file
or directory
pop3: I/O leak: 0x8050c20 (0)
pop3: I/O leak: 0x8084b90 (1)
pop3: Timeout leak: 0x8065d00