[Dovecot] Re : Permission denied

Mauricio Araya V. mauricio at hostarica.com
Fri Jul 9 18:40:00 EEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 09:15, Frédéric Sapin wrote:

> I have not try with rwxrwxr-t permission. I will try and I will get back to
> you.
> Excuse me for this question but what represents the t exactly ?

>From chmod(1)

       The letters `rwxXstugo' select the new permissions for the
       affected users: read (r), write (w),  execute  (or  access
       for directories) (x), execute only if the file is a direc­
       tory or already has execute permission for some user  (X),
       set  user  or  group  ID on execution (s), sticky (t), the
       permissions that the user who owns the file currently  has
       for it (u), the permissions that other users in the file's
       group have for it (g),  and  the  permissions  that  other
       users not in the file's group have for it (o).

So, you may want to look for information about sticky bits.

Regards,

-Mauricio