[Dovecot] Permission denied

Frédéric Sapin fred99 at libertysurf.fr
Fri Jul 9 11:08:57 EEST 2004

Hello all,

I'm a new user of dovecot and I've got a permission denied problem.
I've read the VarMailDotLock wiki paper but there is still a security problem.
If I enter :
chmod a+rwxt /var/spool/mail it works but I think it's very dangerous to have
thaht rights.
So I've tried to edit the dovecot.conf file and to change the
mail_extra_groups = mail and to change the rights : chmod +t /var/spool/mail
but it doesn't work !

The mails are in /var/spool/mail/unix_user_name

Could you please help me to configure the /var/spool/mail to have a good
security and to allow people to receive their mails ?

Thanks

	Frederic