[Dovecot] Peer Config Review

Eric Kahklen eric at kahklen.com
Wed Jul 7 22:06:53 EEST 2004

I am trying to setup a mail server using Postfix and Squirrelmail.  The
mail server will ONLY use webmail for access.  I will not be using any
email clients other than Squirrelmail.  I've got the server working in a
testing environment.  Could people who are dovecot savy look over the
config I have set? I've only included the directives that are enabled
with no comments.  I want a simple but secure backup mail server for
about 75 users.

Thank you,

Eric

base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
protocols = imap
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot/login
login = imap
login_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mbox_locks = fcntl
imap_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
imap_modules = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
auth = default
auth_mechanisms = plain
auth_userdb = passwd
auth_passdb = pam
auth_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth
auth_user = root