[dovecot] some problem with dovecot

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bnap.hu
Wed Mar 19 13:35:37 EET 2003

hi,
yesterday we switch to courir to dovecot the whole company. there is good
and bad news. the good one that about 200 people use outlook and outlook
works fine (after we make some registry hack to delete the INBOX form imap
root folder, which was required for courier but not for dovecot). the bad
news we try most of the thing before the switch except outself. since the
whole it department use linux and mozilla. and almost nothing is working
with mozilla:
- first of all the folder list can't be subscribed i.e. only the top level
folder can be subscribed. can't subscribe to folder which has subfolders and
mail inside. all folders with has subfolders shonw as an empty name folder
under itself. and you can't select these folders in mozilla's subscribe
window (i.e you are not able to check it even it is there).
- you can't send any messages!!! since mozilla can't find the Sent folder
and can't move the mail after sending!!! even if you reconfigure mozilla to
use that "Sent" folder as Sent folder.
- you can't see the mails in a folder which has subfolders i.e. it seem
there is no message in that folders.
- we store mails in ~/Maildir/. dovecot create a ~/Maildir/.INBOX and put
the index files of the ~/Maildir/{cur,new,tmp} into that folder but for all
other folders it keep the index files in that folder's directory. it's realy
confusing.

this is _very_ anoying:-(((
is there any dirty trick to use mozilla?
when thses will be useable?

thanks.