[Dovecot] Postgresql and Dovecot

Michael Ducy michael at michaelandniki.com
Fri Aug 29 00:28:58 EEST 2003

I am having some issues getting dovecot to work with postgres.  Dovecot
starts up and runs fine without using postgres (ie passwd and pam).
There is nothing in /var/log/messages other than:

Aug 28 12:44:05 mail dovecot: dovecot startup succeeded

Then ps -A shows no running dovecot processes (or the imap-login or
pop-login).  I have tried with both the RPMs that are on the download
page and buidling it myself on 2 different boxes (yes I configured with
--with-pgsql - Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 9.0).

Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is the only imap/pop server
with pgsql support and flatfile support I can find.

Michael