[Dovecot] more transitional joys

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 15 01:31:45 EEST 2003

On Friday, Aug 15, 2003, at 01:06 Europe/Helsinki, Eric S. Johansson
wrote:

> when I first tried to access my inbox, I was told I had permission
> problems:
>
> Aug 14 17:47:22 harvee imap(esj): open(/var/spool/mail/esj.lock)
> failed: Permission denied
> Aug 14 17:47:22 harvee imap(esj): file_lock_dotlock() failed with mbox
> file /var/spool/mail/esj: Permission denied

Hmh. I guess I'll really have to fix this too soon since everyone keeps
having this problem.

> so I changed permissions on /var/spool/mail to 777 as a temporary work
> around. no luck.  It tells me that I have no e-mail in my inbox... fat
> chance

Maybe it thinks the mbox is synchronized even while it stopped in
error. Try rm -f  .imap/INBOX/.imap.index*. Or just touching the mbox.

Mixing mboxes and maildirs isn't possible with .10, but will be in next
version.