[dovecot] Re: Folders with mail and subfolders

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Tue Apr 15 05:04:25 EEST 2003

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> I have a maildir hierarchy (built originally with Courier-IMAP) where
> some folders contain both email and subfolders. Using Dovecot I cannot
> see the mail in the top folders: I can only see the subfolders.
>
> Is this an RFC restriction or a Dovecot restriction? If the latter, is
> it planned to change?

Far as I know, that's usually a client-side issue.  I had the same thing
come up when I was using Cyrus where a folder can hold either messages or
more folders.  Netscape has an option where you can have both or they're
mutually exclusive.

Nowadays, I'm using mbox, so they're sorta mutually exclusive. ;)

--Ian.