Subject: Mail restore and single storage attachement
From: Jean-Luc Oms <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:14:45 +0100
List-Id: Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot.dovecot.org>

Bonjour,

I'm finishing the upgrade of an old installation of Dovecot/postfix mail
system for my lab.

In the configuration i plan ( dovecot 2.2.27 ), i choose to use:
    - mdbox format
    - single storage for attachements
    - 2 zfs file systems, one for mdboxes, the other for attachments

The last tests before production concern my hability to restore a lost
mail (or mailbox) ... (lot of changes when you are used to mbox format).

1) I uses doveadm import to restore part of mail from one of the zfs
snapshot with a cde like:
doveadm -Dv import -U bof2 -s -u bof2
mdbox:/mailpool/lirmm/.zfs/snapshot/zfs-auto-snap_frequent-2017-03-15-1645/vmail/bof2/mdbox
Recup-AAAA mailbox AAAA

I get this error:

doveadm(bof2): Error: open() failed with file
/mailpool/lirmm/.zfs/snapshot/zfs-auto-snap_frequent-2017-03-15-1645/vmail/bof2/mdbox/mailboxes/AAAA/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.log:
Read-only file system

Thats right, my snapshot is ro, but why the import has to write to the
source ? I'm missing something ?

2) I don't find any way to specify a source for attachements with the
import command, then I first restore all the atachements from one
snapshot, then make import, then purge. Is there a way to use a source
for attachement file tree, or a command to find the mssing files for the
import command ?

Thanks

-- 
__________________________________________

 Jean-Luc Oms
 STI-RéseauX - LIRMM - CNRS/UM2
 161 rue Ada - BAT 4 - CC 477
 34095 Montpellier cedex 5
 Tel +33 4 67 41 85 93
 Urg +33 6 32 01 04 17
__________________________________________