Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Dovecot and SATA Backend
From: Stewart Dean <[email-masked]>
To: Joseba Torre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:07:31 -0500

Putting in my 2 cents...
If one had a network-based NFS service of the user mail data, that would 
mean that
1) it would be easy to upgrade servers (data wouldn't move as it would 
have to if it was owned either by being directly connected to the mail 
server or connected over iSCSI)
2) If other servers access the mail data, this is a load on the mail 
server if again, as above, it owns the disk resource either by direct 
attach or iSCSI.  Better it would seem to me if there was a dedicated 
NFS network-based server that all clients could get to....
Comments on that?
-- 
==== Once upon a time, the Internet was a friendly, 
neighbors-helping-neighbors small town, and no one locked their doors. 
Now it's like an apartment in Bed-Stuy: you need three heavy duty 
pick-proof locks, one of those braces that goes from the lock to the 
floor, and bars on the windows.... ==== Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, 
Bard College, New York 12504 [email-masked] voice: 845-758-7475, fax: 
845-758-7035