Subject: Re: [Dovecot] help: The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Invalid mask.
From: dolt <[email-masked]>
To: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:12:32 -0500

Yes, that was the problem... tried an old version of netscape and 
everything was ok.

I eventually found where the problems was in mozilla and thought I would 
post the solution if anyone else was experiencing the same trouble.

I started looking around in the mozilla mail settings and found under 
the [ edit - maiil and newsgroup account settings - (appropriate 
account) - server settings ] there is a line at the bottom labled "local 
directory" where it specifies the location it keeps all the settings 
in.  I deleted all the files in that directory and the problems went away.

Thanks,
Brandon.

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 21:26, Brandon Hoult wrote:
>  
>
>>Am tryin to move from uw-imapd to dovecot, using dovecot ver 0.99.9.1-1 
>>on debian.  Using Mozilla Mail v 1.3 currently using mbox format.
>>
>>I made some test accounts and they seem to be working fine, but my older 
>>existing accounts give error messages whenever I connect or subscribe to 
>>  mailboxes within them.  The message that appears on the client is:
>>
>>"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Invalid 
>>mask."
>>    
>>
>
>Mozilla is probably remembering some old settings from uw-imapd. I'm not
>sure what exactly, since they should have pretty similiar settings.
>Maybe anyway related to handling ~/mail or namespaces in general.
>
>That error happens anyway if client tries to use absolute file paths
>(/path, \path, ~/path/) or tries to use ../ or ..\ in the path. '\'
>checking isn't actually really needed, but I thought I might as well
>prepare for future VMS/Windows port :)
>
>Instead of giving the error, I could also just make Dovecot ignore that.
>I'm not sure if it'd be better..
>  
>