This is the main list for requesting help with Dovecot or talking about
it in general. Please use this list instead of sending mails privately to
Please read the following before posting to the mailing
- Mention the Dovecot version number. Use
to get it.
dovecot -n output when showing your configuration.
- It lists only the main settings in dovecot.conf though, so if
you've a SQL/LDAP related problem get their configuration with
grep -v '^ *\(#.*\)\?$' dovecot-sql.conf
- Don't hijack threads. Don't post a new message by
replying to an existing message and just changing the subject. The
message will still have an In-Reply-To header, which messes up message
- Read the bug reports page before posting
a bug report. If you don't include the necessary information in your
mail, it's only going to take longer to solve your problem. Especially
with crashes please try your best to get a gdb backtrace.
- Don't bother asking questions about v0.99.x versions. They're no
- You can post to the list without subscribing, the mail then waits in a
moderator queue for a while.
read the above and I want to post to the list.
This is a low traffic list where new release announcements and other
important announcements are sent to. All such mails are also sent to
dovecot-list, so there's no need to subscribe to both of them.
External Dovecot lists
Git commits list
All Git commit changes are sent to this mailing list. You can think
of it as a real time ChangeLog. The list name is still confusingly
dovecot-cvs, although the changes are coming from the Git