Full text search indexing behavior and testing?

Philon bytesplit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 12:58:31 EEST 2017

Hi Mart,

I think it’s a bit more… you might want to refer to https://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS <https://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS>

You only mentioned the function to automatically start indexing. Nothing about were this should actually happen. We are using Solr…

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins fts fts_solr

and:
plugin {
  fts = solr
  fts_solr = url=http://solr.example.org:8983/solr/
}

The autoindex does nothing more than automatically sending incoming mails to the FTS index system. Solr is external while Lucene is library based and saved inside the mailbox hierarchy. There even is an implementation for Elasticsearch.

For all options… you might want to observe the logs once it has been enabled.

Philon