Configure the sendmail with the dovecot.

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Wed Jan 20 14:28:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Lucky . wrote:

> Sorry for late reply. we have SMTP AUTH as well as we are working on virtual user. Please provide any solution so that we can proceed further.

I have this in my sendmail.cf

Mlocal,         P=[IPC], F=lsDFMA5:/|@qPSXnz9u, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                 T=DNS/RFC822/SMTP,
                 A=FILE /var/run/dovecot2.2/lmtp

Note the missing w flag, which means, that no .forward files are possible
anymore. Also, sendmail can no longer verify the existance of final users
via getpwnam(), you have to verify them by other ways.
You have to determine yourself, if you like the u flag.
See op.me section 5.4

This should be the correct .m4 syntax:

FEATURE(`local_lmtp',`[IPC]',`FILE /var/run/dovecot2.2/lmtp')dnl
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `+u')dnl
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `-w')dnl
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
MAILER(`local')dnl