expunging all mailboxes

Peter Chiochetti pch at myzel.net
Sat Dec 31 10:23:42 UTC 2016

Am 2016-12-31 um 07:53 schrieb Michael Fox:
>> Huh, it certainly did for me, although I used "all" instead of
>> "savedbefore 30d" since I just wanted to empty the trash.
>
> Well, not for me.
> doveadm search -u user at domain ALL savedbefore 2d
> -- returns some messages
> doveadm expunge -u user at domain mailbox '*' savedbefore 2d
> -- nothing shown, but no error
> doveadm search -u user at domain ALL savedbefore 2d
> -- returns the same messages as before

The inefficiency of compiling a list of folders and expunging from each
single one seems quite minor to me. That is, as it seems, when "expunge"
search-query requires a real mailbox/folder name.

Maybe you can "doveadm move" selected messages to a /fresh/ folder and
then expunge that one completely? Slightly less efficient, easier to
script though all the time.

--
peter