doveadm

Eric Broch ebroch at whitehorsetc.com
Thu Dec 8 15:31:26 UTC 2016

Hello list,

I'm interested in setting up dovecot replication but when I run the command
doveadm user '*', which is necessary as indicated here:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication,  I get the following output:

Error: User listing returned failure
Fatal: user listing failed

It also indicates the following on the wiki2: "Make sure that user
listing is configured for your userdb, this is required by replication
to find the list of users that are periodically replicated"

I use a vpopmail backup so the question is how do I "Make sure that user
listing is configured for...userdb"?

This is my userdb settings for vpopmail:

userdb {
   args = cache_key=%u quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q
   driver = vpopmail
}

Thank-you

Eric