Mailbox aliases problem

azurIt azurit at pobox.sk
Tue Jun 16 08:37:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

i'm trying to implement malbox aliases but it's not fully working as i expected. This is my configuration:

mail_plugins = acl mailbox_alias
plugin {
  mailbox_alias_old = INBOX/Odoslane
  mailbox_alias_new = INBOX/SentTest
}

That 'INBOX/' must be there because of this (we were moving from Courier IMAP):

namespace inbox {
  type = private
  prefix = INBOX/
  separator = /
  inbox = yes
  list = yes
}

All of this is working fine, if i create folder SentTest, the link to folder Odoslane is correctly created on filesystem. The problem is that folder SentTest is invisible even after creation:

1 CREATE "INBOX/SentTest"
1 OK Create completed.

2 LIST "" "*"
<all folders except SentTest are listed>
2 OK List completed.

3 LIST "INBOX/SentTest" "*"
3 OK List completed.

4 LIST "INBOX/Odoslane" "*"
4 LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "/" INBOX/Odoslane
4 OK List completed.

5 CREATE "INBOX/SentTest"
5 NO [ALREADYEXISTS] Mailbox already exists

6 DELETE "INBOX/SentTest"
6 OK Delete completed.

None of the e-mail clients i tried can see the folder. I'm using Dovecot 2.2.13 from Debian Wheezy (wheezy-backports). Any hints?

azur