failed login message

24x7server at 24x7server.net 24x7server at 24x7server.net
Tue Nov 25 09:49:18 UTC 2014

thanks for your reply

i intentionaly put the wrong password and checked the dovecot log and the message i got was

# tail -f /var/log/dovecot.log | grep "xxx at yyy.com"
Nov 25 08:47:46 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs): user=<xxx at yyy.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1,
secured, session=<xObTWqYIwgB/AAAB>

but in the squirrelmail login page instead of the message "unknown user or password incorrect" i get the message

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: LOGOUT

in my old server where it is working correctly dovecot logs shows the error

Nov 25 14:46:12 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<"xxx at yyy.com">, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

and squirrelmail gives the error : "unknown user or password incorrect" which is correct.

is there any other place i need to check or some other config file (either squirrelmail or dovecot) that i need to modify

could you kindly guide me

rajesh