failed login message

Rajesh M. 24x7server at 24x7server.net
Sun Nov 23 16:14:10 UTC 2014

hi

i am using dovecot for pop3 and imap along with qmail toaster

i had recently changed over from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system.

i use squirrelmail.

the issue i face is that when the user inserts an invalid password then the message he gets is connection dropped by imap server  (instead of invalid userid or password)

such a message confuses the user.

my earlier 32 bit version used to give the correct message

i am posting this issue here because i am not sure if this is squirrelmail issue or a dovecot issue.

can somebody please let me know the reason for this ?

rajesh