Corrupted index cache after migrating from maildir to mdbox

Tim tim at bastelfreak.de
Fri Nov 21 09:59:44 UTC 2014

Hi Timo,
sorry for the late reply, missed this mail.
On 15.10.2014 05:05, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2014, at 17:48, Tim <tim at bastelfreak.de> wrote:
>
>> unfortunately I'm getting the following two kinds of error messages for
>> all mail boxes in my mail.log:
>>
>> Error: Corrupted index cache file
>> /home/vmail/%domain/%user/mdbox/mailboxes/%maildir/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.cache:
>> Broken virtual size for mail UID 2564
>>
>> and:
>>
>> Error: read(/home/vmail/%domain/%user/mdbox/storage/m.108
>> ): FETCH BODY[] for mailbox %maildir UID 2564 got too little data: 2417
>> vs 6319
> If that happens to all the mails, something went wrong. Did you maybe use zlib plugin while writing the messages (compressed), but now you're trying to read the mails without zlib plugin?

the migration from maildir to mdbox is a few weeks in the past so I
don't remember correctly. IMHO I migrated from maildir with disabled
zlib to mdbox. with mdbox, zlib was active the hole time and it is still
active. Here is my doveconf -n output: http://p.bastelfreak.de/l2wq/ .
Do you need anything else for debugging?