LMTPS : TLS over LMTP not working

Stanislas SABATIER s.sabatier at pobox.com
Mon Nov 17 10:24:40 UTC 2014

I setup a service in master.conf like this :

dovecotsandbox unix -       -       n       -       10       lmtp
  -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes
  -o lmtp_tls_security_level=encrypt

Then I tried to add starttls option :
  -o lmtp_tls_note_starttls_offer=yes

But Postfix still can't deliver the email. Postfix log :
(…) status=deferred (TLS is required, but was not offered by host xx.xx.xx.xx[xx.xx.xx.xx])