Dovecot-lda permission errors or maybe authentication errors?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Nov 6 08:59:11 UTC 2014

Am 06.11.2014 um 09:01 schrieb Steffen Kaiser:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> Dear Alexander,
>
>> Run "sestatus" and you'll see.
>>
>> Run "grep -i AVC /var/log/audit/audit.log" to identify SELinux caused
>> denials.
>
> because I saw this type of question quite too often, I added this info
> to the Wiki2 (to be revised by Timo):
> http://master.wiki2.dovecot.org/WhyDoesItNotWork
>
> I copy'n'pasted your sentences, if you don't mind.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> - -- Steffen Kaiser

Hello Steffen,

sure I am fine with that.

Even better it would be to have a recipe for a custom SELinux policy to
not be mislead switching off SELinux at all. Such a custom policy is
necessary when storing mail in the user's homedir because files created
there get a wrong SELinux context for that usecase by default.

An general overview about this topic can be found on

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux

Kind regards

Alexander