Example records for SQL AUTH

Tue Nov 4 15:57:07 UTC 2014

On 11/3/2014 4:29 PM, Jorge Bastos wrote:
 > Hi,
 >

 > Where can I get examples for the records for the "users" table?

If I understand your question properly and you're looking for examples
of creating new virtual users, then this guide covers that:

https://www.linode.com/docs/email/email-with-postfix-dovecot-and-mysql

You would have to adjust to fit your chosen schema of course as theirs
is a much simpler setup that excludes the uid, gid, and home values.

 > For SHA512-CRYPT, I tried:
 >

 > replace into users values ('a at a.com','a.com',ENCRYPT('b', CONCAT('$6$',
 > SUBSTRING(SHA(RAND()), -16))),'',0,0,'true');
 >

 > schema is:
 >
 > CREATE TABLE `users` (
 >
 >   `username` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 >
 >   `domain` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 >
 >   `password` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 >
 >   `home` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 >
 >   `uid` int(11) NOT NULL,
 >
 >   `gid` int(11) NOT NULL,
 >
 >   `active` enum('true','false') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'true',
 >
 >   PRIMARY KEY (`username`)
 >
 > ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
 >

 > Password_query:
 >
 > password_query = select username, domain,password from users where
 > username='%u' and domain='%d' and active='true'

What does your auth-sql-conf.ext file look like? With as much
information as you already have in your database schema you may want to
look at using the Prefetch userdb.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/Prefetch

P.S.

Apologies for the duplication. I forgot to reply to the list with my
last response.