[Dovecot] Connection refused userdb lookup ..dovecot/auth-userdb

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:08:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com>wrote:

> On 3/24/2014 7:10 PM, Simon <greminn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mar 13 09:55:44 vmail1 dovecot: lda: Error: userdb lookup:
>> connect(/usr/local/dovecot/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed:
>> Connection
>> refused
>>

> So, your SQL userdb is refusing connections from dovecot...
>
> Fix this...

Thanks Charles, I have looked into this and tried to fix permissions but
still have the same issue. I have tried changing the permissions on the
auth-userdb to 0666 (see below) as well as setting the permissions of
/usr/local/dovecot/var/run/dovecot/ to 777 just for testing.. but still get
the same error (also below). I feel im barking up the wrong tree here in
terms of what i need todo to fix the issue... but cant see the wood for the
tress here :) Would i be able to ask you to outline in basic how i go about
fixing this?

service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    mode = 0667
    user = vmail
    group = vmail
  }
}

Mar 26 09:01:43 vmail1 dovecot: lda: Error: userdb lookup:
connect(/usr/local/dovecot/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Connection
refused
Mar 26 09:01:43 vmail1 dovecot: lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer
to server log for more information.

Many thanks!

Simon