[Dovecot] General questions about TCP replication with dsync

James TD Smith ahktenzero+dovecot at mohorovi.cc
Thu Jun 5 16:28:35 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-05 17:39:26(+0200), Patrick De Zordo wrote:

> > message:

> > It looks like it thinks the .dovecot.sieve file should be a Maildir. Are you using
> > the Maildir++ format for your mail stores? That uses "." as a separator for
> > mailbox names. You might want to try changing the "sieve" config option
> > from ".dovecot.sieve" to something which doesn't contain dots and rename
> > the files to match.
> >

> I'm using "/" as separator ("separator = /" in configuration)..
> SO it shouldn't be the problem..

That parameter controls how the mailbox names are presented over IMAP, not how
they are stored on disk. If you run "doveadm mailbox list -u email at example.com"
you'll get a list like

INBOX
Sent
Drafts
MailingLists/dovecot

etc, but if you look in /var/vmail/example.com/email you'll see something like

cur/
new/
tmp/
.Sent/
.Drafts/
.MailingList.dovecot/

If you add LAYOUT=fs to the mail_location option it will store the mailboxes as
a directory hierarchy. You'll need to convert all the mailboxes to the new
layout, changing the sieve file name will be much less work.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir

> Is your sync up and running? With sieve scripts?

Yes, my sync works. I don't use sieve though.

James

--
}-<James TD Smith>-<email/ahktenzero at mohorovi.cc>-{