[Dovecot] Converting old emails to compressed format

Wolfgang Rosenauer wrosenauer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:22:12 UTC 2014

Hi Christian,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Christian Rohmann
<crohmann at netcologne.de> wrote:

> You have to set the compression type with the zlib_save option.
>
> i.e.:  "-o plugin/zlib_save=gz"

been there:
dsync -o plugin/zlib_save=gz backup -u testy
maildir:/srv/dovecot/testy/maildir.new

doesn't make a difference unfortunately.
My mailboxes are in maildir format and besides enabling zlib I do not
change the format.
My testmailbox has only one message but this still is uncompressed after dsync.

Where is Peer who wrote in his book that this should just work?

Thanks,
 Wolfgang