[pigeonhole] disregards --with-ldap=no during compilation /usr/ports/mail/dovecot2bra at fsn.hu

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Jul 27 14:00:56 UTC 2014

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:56:46 +0200, Michael Grimm stated:

>On 27.07.2014, at 14:46, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:21:57 +0200, Michael Grimm stated:
>
>>> I can't get current dovecot and pigeonhole compiled; compilation stops
>>> with:
>>
>> Are you using "/usr/ports/mail/dovecot2-pigeonhole" and
>> "/usr/ports/mail/dovecot2" from the FreeBSD ports system or trying to
>> compile from source?
>
>I am compiling postfix and dovecot/pigeonhole from source for years now.
>
>> If from source, you can expect those problems.
>
>Well, I ran into some issues once in a while, but I could solve them.
>
>> If you are not using the ports system, why not?
>
>I like to have full control over those applications, and sometimes, I want
>to test new features not available in ports, yet. My production system runs
>in a jail with postfix/dovecot/pigeonhole at stable releases, my testing
>jail runs bleeding edge versions. And here I ran into that issue reported
>today.

I have no idea what "features" you are referring to since you did not list
them. However, I might suggest that either you contact the port maintainer
for dovecot <adamw at FreeBSD.org> or pigeonhole <bra at fsn.hu> and express your
concerns to them or , create a separate port which produces the results you
want and then submit it to the FreeBSD ports crew. I have done similar things
in the past and had rather good success with it.

--
Jerry