Maildir migration - using separate INDEX and CONTROL directories?

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Wed Jul 23 21:37:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm working on a migration from Courier to Dovecot, and the
courier-dovecot-migrate.pl seems to work ok, but it puts all the
metadata files (dovecot-uidlist etc) in the Maildir, while I want to put
them in the appropriate places as specified:

mail_location =
maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/mail/meta/index/%d/%1n/%1.1n/%n:CONTROL=/var/mail/meta/control/%d/%1n/%1.1n/%n

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/FS explains why some of these files need
to go in different places (which is why I'm doing it), but I haven't
seen a complete list of what files will be moved as a result of those
directives.

Is there a handy tool to move the files to the right places? Or is there
a complete list of what files need to go where?

Thanks,
Richard