Resource Temporarily Unavailable on replicator-doveadm

Cassidy Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:10:20 UTC 2014

We're running 2.2.13 on two servers with replication.  Still trying to get
my replication tweaked correctly and I’m noticing a bunch of these errors
for the same users over and over again:

dsync-server(user at host.com): Error:
write(/var/run/dovecot/replicator-doveadm) failed: Resource temporarily
unavailable

The 5-7 that I see all have quite a number of individual mailboxes (20+),
I’m wondering if that has something to do with it?

Also, my replicator status for full resync requests has been hovering
around 2300-2400 the last few days:
# doveadm replicator status
Queued 'sync' requests
0

Queued 'high' requests
0

Queued 'low' requests
0

Queued 'failed' requests
0

Queued 'full resync' requests
2410

Waiting 'failed' requests
1

Total number of known users   9836

In checking the replication status for some of the “Resource temporarily
unavailable” list from above, if I run it multiple times it outputs
different results for the fast and full sync time:
# doveadm replicator status user at host.com
username
priority fast sync full sync failed
user at host.com
none     00:20:21  49:43:34  -
# doveadm replicator status user at host.com
username
priority fast sync full sync failed
user at host.com
none     00:10:55  00:10:55  -
# doveadm replicator status user at host.com
username
priority fast sync full sync failed
user at host.com
none     00:10:56  00:10:56  -
# doveadm replicator status user at host.com
username
priority fast sync full sync failed
user at host.com
none     00:10:57  00:10:57  -
# doveadm replicator status user at host.com
username
priority fast sync full sync failed
user at host.com
none     00:20:24  49:43:37  -

doveconf output for the replicator service is:

service replicator {
  process_limit = 10
  process_min_avail = 2
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    group = mailsys
    mode = 0666
    user = mailsys
  }
  unix_listener replicator {
    group = mailsys
    mode = 0666
    user = mailsys
  }
}

Anybody have any clues or suggestions?  I’d be much appreciative.

Thanks,

Cassidy