fts solr database size

Ricardo Branco ricardo at wenn.com
Tue Jul 15 11:05:59 UTC 2014

We are no way as big as you but in terms users but our user vs mailbox size is large.

Dovecot:
50 users
425Gb (mdbox + zlib)

Note solr only indexes folders within a mailbox when a search is done on them so size can vary and most people dont
realise that the default type of search in Thunderbird is on Sender/Recipients/Subject which happens localy and not on
the server so you dont get solr indexing unless the user does a custom search and forces remote. Webmail systems though
will  tend to do server searches.
Solr:
Num Docs: 17m
Size: 4.5GB