High user number tune

Jiri Bourek bourek at thinline.cz
Sun Jul 13 10:07:54 UTC 2014

On 13.7.2014 08:55, Edwardo Garcia wrote:
> Halo,
> This might seem like another indirect thread.
> I Monday started new job, first task must replace courier. The job use
> POP3. and IMAP only for webmail, but must server support 4K POP3 at one
> times. I see from similar thread current settings not adequate , we will
> use TLS and if wiki read right Iprotocol
>
> So am close in think that need ?
>
> service pop3-login {
>          process_limit = 4096
> }
> service pop3 {
>          process_limit = 4096
> }
>
> service imap-login {
>          process_limit = 2048
> }
> service imap {
>          process_limit = 2048
> }
>
> then we have
> service managesieve {
>          process_limit = 1024
> }
>
> is that all we need change? I see in other thread someone says service
> anvil but I can not find out about it, does need change as well ?
> Why is it so complicated to change to let more user on,  most other change
> one setting, dovecot  want  dozen :(

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Services
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Design/Processes

You will most likely need to change client_limit for processes anvil and
auth. If you have some sort of testing environment, you can start
Dovecot and check its logs - I'm not quite sure but I think it will
complain about service auth's client_limit being too low. After you fix
that it'll complain about service anvil - in both cases with specific
number you need to set.